Tuesday, August 11, 2009

19 Years Ago Today

I'm not quite sure what I was thinking 19 years ago today. I was about to marry my fiance, the girl I had purused and who had pursued me off and on for five years. I belive I was anxious, but I had very little idea what was about to transpire. I was poorly prepared for the battles ahead. I was a deer in headlights.


In many ways I was masquerading as a confident gentleman. She had very little idea who I was deep down, other than a guy who desperately wanted her to be held by no one else. Even though we had spent five years getting to know one another. I had very little idea who she was.

While she was far more devoted to me and far more transformed by Christ than I she was also far more wounded than I. She had bandaged those wounds as well as she could, but some of them had cut her pretty deep and most of them were from me, and continued to be from me for years.

It is only by the grace of God and our determination to not fail that we made it this far.

No comments: